Left 4 Dead Overrated
After much bantering from my friends, they encouraged me to get Left 4 Dead.
I had played the demo and found it a bit vapid and repetitive.
I just rented the game via Gamefly, and to my surprise, the entire game was exactly like the demo.
I’m surprised by how many people enjoyed this game… sure, it’s a bit fun with friends, but it’s just a brainless shoot ’em up – and I’d rather play Serious Sam than this.
Here are my complaints with the game:
1. No storyline! That really irked me.
2. Graphics and environments are nothing special and very repetitive.
3. Have to use the flashlight almost all the time.
4. AI Bots could use some improvement
5. The game lags online a little bit.
6. Very repetitive enemies.
7. Only 4 chapters which can be completed in 4 hours (which is technically a good thing).
8. Can only carry 4 items at a time… (hmm, notice the 4’s?)
9. Soundtrack is lacking, no way to customize sound options to my liking.
10. Achievements are stupid. (Kill 15,000 Infected? No thanks.)