I came across a unique gaming blog called “Cannot Be Tamed“, and there was a questionnaire posted (reminds me of my Qualitative Research class). I haven’t filled out a gaming questionnaire in ages (since I think the old MySpace days). So I thought I’d take some time to respond to the questions since I can’t sleep at the moment anyways!
1. When did you start playing video games?
Not sure which age, around age four.
2. What is the first game you remember playing?
A tie between Pac-man, Frogger, and Donkey Kong. These were arcade handheld units.
3. PC or Console?
Console, I played much more on them.
4. Xbox, PlayStation, or Wii?
Each console has their own pros and cons, but I’ve played the most on Original Xbox/Xbox 360.
5. What’s the best game you’ve ever played?
That’s a tough question to answer. I don’t have a “best game”, but rather favorites in each genre.
6. What’s the worst game you’ve ever played?
I’ve played a lot of terrible Indie Games on Xbox 360 that were so bad I don’t even remember their names.
7. Name a game that was popular/critically adored that you just didn’t like.
Just about any Call of Duty game and most sports games.
8. Name a game that was poorly received that you really like.
The first game that comes to mind is “Fragile Dreams: Farewell Ruins of the Moon”. Most underrated Wii game.
9. What are your favourite game genres?
Music/rhythm, RPG (when I have time), Action, Adventure, and anything with ingenuity.
10. Who is your favourite game protagonist?
My favorite video game character…that’s difficult to answer. I always thought Rinoa from Final Fantasy VIII was really cool.
11. Describe your perfect video game.
A mix between spending time in Balamb Garden in Final Fantasy VIII, Animal Crossing, Care Bears in the sky (the 80’s version) and bits of Lumines.
12. What video game character do have you have a crush on?
I have a soft spot for Jigglypuff. All joking aside, Aeris or Rinoa from the Final Fantasy series, which is much in part to their emotional storylines.
13. What game has the best music?
Tough question. I really enjoyed the soundtracks in DDR Ultramix 2, Lumines, FF VII/VIII, and Chrono Cross.
14. Most memorable moment in a game?
I have quite a few, my most recent moment is the radio tower scene in Tomb Raider.
15. Scariest moment in a game?
Probably in Resident Evil (Gamecube). I was in a cave and some type of monster appeared out of nowhere!
16. Most heart-wrenching moment in a game?
Aeris dying in Final Fantasy VII. I was a kid at the time and wasn’t expecting that. Couldn’t play the game for years.
17. What are your favourite websites/blogs about games?
Too many to mention. I have some bookmarked on my delicious.com profile. Some include Unseen64, PS Home Gazette.
18.What’s the last game you finished?
I finally completed Jet Set Radio Future (after 12 years?), and Syberia II (both on Original Xbox).
19. What future releases are you most excited about?
Rise of the Tomb Raider, Everybody’s Gone to the Rapture, Syberia III, and Rodea the Sky Soldier.
20. Do you identify as a gamer?
I suppose I would consider myself a gamer, but it’s not a label I would attach to myself. I have multiple interests!
21. Why do you play video games?
Immersion into a unique world. Storylines and music are two main elements. Also a great way to relax at home.